A place where Mike throws crap he's drawn.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

My first post with the minty taste of "progress"


I'm starting to use online inspiration to start more personal illos and I actually think it's working. I haven't worked on this much personal stuff in a good long while, and I'm finding some other's who motivate me, and occasionally throw a good meaty tip or suggestion my way. After a few months, I'm especially diggin' the illustrator's message board called drawingboard.org. I finally figured I should do an avatar for myself on the site, but what started as an idea for a 3/4 square inch image representing my entire personality to a universe of fellow nerds and illustrators became a project unto itself. I guess I might as well keep the progress posted here too...

Oh yeah - and it's a self portrait. Armpit stains yet to be added.

No comments: